Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: December Entry: Witch's Rock

Thanks for the welcome and glad to be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Rivers: Butterfly, Serpent, Rainbow, Flowers, Rum, Paulette, Night...
    Well, here we are then:

• Butterfly River = Rivière aux papillons
    • Serpent River = Rivière aux serpents
    • Rainbow River = Rivière arc-en-ciel
    • Flowers River = Rivière aux fleurs
    • Rum River = Rivière du rhum
    • River Paulette = Rivière Paulette
    • Night River = Rivière de la nuit

note 1: you've given me only 7 names while I count 8 on your map; is it "small river" that's missing? In that case, it's "Petite rivière"
    note 2: "Fleuve" is a long river, so I don't think it's appropriate for a small island; that's why I used "rivière" instead.
    note 3: if you want to be perfectionist, only capitalize the first word in a french title/label, that's the way it's done.

Just another thing: sometimes you put "DeFlor" and sometimes "DuFlor", is there a reason?

Post Mercei!

Thanks again, Zunik!

I had read that "fleuves" are rivers that flow into the sea, that's the only reason I chose "fleuves" instead of "rivier" - but your note seems appropriate, these are indeed, very small/short rivers.

And I was not looking at my map, when I offered the seven rivers, thanks for catching that and offering an 8th river, "Petite rivier".

I will make the capitalization corrections - I wasn't aware of this rule.

Whichever seems more appropriate "DeFlor" or "DuFlor", but I simply misspelled one of them! I just made up the name - it sounded French...

I'll make the corrections after supper and upload the final regional map.

Thanks again!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    You can redraw to your heart's content, its fine with me. However, I have all my Mountain/Hills etc map objects in my Superstition Valley thread - you can go an download this you'd rather and work from there...

Link is: http://www.gamer-printshop.com/oldwest.html

Download the zip files I have here - 6 altogether and give them a try. The transparent objects is what you're probably looking for.
    Cool, I really like the Superstition Valley map, I kind of wish that I could have contributed to the map that month because I have a deep affection for the Western genre, but I was otherwise detained.

My problem, and it could be because I am at work using their system, is that when I try to download those files off the link you graciously provided I get a "cannot open" error. I will try again when I get back to my homestead out on the high desert plain (okay, home to Flint, but it actually is close to the wildwest here ).

I encountered the same errors with several of the links.

Publius, do they still have that Old West style amusement park in central MI? I think that is where it was. I was really young when we went there. It had a train ride through dinosaurs and an old west shoot 'em show.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I encountered the same errors with several of the links.

Publius, do they still have that Old West style amusement park in central MI? I think that is where it was. I was really young when we went there. It had a train ride through dinosaurs and an old west shoot 'em show.
    I have never been there but it is in Irish Hills, south of me and on the other side of Ann Arbor. It's only open in the summers (May-September). In Flint we have Crossroads Village which is an accurately preserved 19th century small town, complete with costumed 'interpreters' (funny I thought they spoke English there ...) and all that jazz for the sucke-... I mean visitors. Spent one or two forced intervals there during my unfortunate incarceraton (otherwise known as elementary school, a waste of time only surpassed by the inappropriately named "High" School), and I have a cousin who used to work there as a volunteer until the folks running it got snotty and demanding (they have far fewer "interpreters" these days).

Ah, tourist traps.

A. Never been to Irish Hills

B. Crossroads Village is one of the cheesiest & best time my family of "suckers" had last summer.

C. I'm a guard--I mean a "teacher"--at a public high school

D. Publius, I'm not wearing a cup right now, so go get your steel toe boots. I'll wait.

I think it's because you're a Flintoid. ;P
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

YES!! Irish Hills! That's the one. When I lived in Ann Arbor we went there a couple times in my very young youth. I still remember it so it must have left an impression on me.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    I think it's because you're a Flintoid. ;P
    I got two words for my present state of mind:

Grading. Papers.

That and I'm a Flintoid.

Also because after you get done with kids, I get them and they haven't gotten any smarter yet. No doubt the guy after me says the same. It's actually getting worse (got stats on that) and I personally do not feel that it has nothing to do with the teachers on your level. Don't get me started. Grading! Grading!

And I like Crossroads, the Train ride is a bit cheesy but cool, it sparked an interest in history for me at a young age I still have today (built an adult career on in fact).

High school was still a waste of my time though, but not because of the teachers however. For the most part, they were fine. The "social interaction" with the fellow inmates however left a taste in my mouth that has never quite left in more than 20 years. Last time someone told me that they went to highschool with me I said I'd try to forget they mentioned it and apologized in advance if I couldn't.

But I loved college, came alive there in fact and was an active part of student life headed organizations and all that stuff. Other than my aversion to high school, I am moderately well adjusted.

For a Flintoid.
    Last edited by Publius; 12-10-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Info Whoops! I mis-linked those - fixed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    My problem, and it could be because I am at work using their system, is that when I try to download those files off the link you graciously provided I get a "cannot open" error. I will try again when I get back to my homestead out on the high desert plain (okay, home to Flint, but it actually is close to the wildwest here ).
    My mistake, the links were pointing to the wrong place, I fixed it so you can download the tranparent objects now. Sorry about that.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thank you very much! I'll check those when I get back home.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast