Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: December Entry: Witch's Rock

Wip December Entry: Witch's Rock

I thought I'd play along as well. Though for now I'm just uploading the back story.

Always looking for a twist, this isle belonged to the Creole Piratess, Paulette DuFlor - former slave from Louisiana, eventually a captain of her own schooner the Sea Witch under Captain Morgan's colors (fictional).

Because she was also a voodoo priestess - curses, magic and a doll vessel the houses her spirit is said to be hidden in the caves of Witch's Rock...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Very neat ideas!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Wip Regional Map completed...

Here is my regional map for the island of the pirate caves - Isle de Roche de Les Femmes Socier (Witch's Rock). Please check my "French", because I barely have any grasp of the language, and it exists as the place names on this map.

Because this is the regional map, it falls outside the 4 hour mapping requirement, specifically for the cavern system adventure area only. Though I only spent about 2 hours creating this.

The ship is a top-sail two masted schooner I traced from a photo and scanned to PNG format.

(Oh and to save time, the hills are map objects from Superstition Valley)

WIP so far.... I already see a translation error... "Carta" should be "Carte" - oops - and what should be the french phrase for "Caves of DeFlor"?

Also I now think I'll change the scale from 10 Nautical Miles to 1 Nautical mile to make the "islet for marooning" more believeable - thus smaller scale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	femme-socier.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	1892  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-09-2007 at 08:03 PM. Reason: caught an error
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip changes to regional map

OK, I made some French spelling corrections - still not sure on DuFlor Caverna.
    I changed the scale from 10 Nautical Miles to 1 Nautical Mile. I also "thinned" the rivers as I drew them too fat. Practically done.

I plan to create my 4 hour cavern system map tonight to wrap up my entry!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	femme-socier.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	1899  
    DrivethruRPG store

I can help you a little with your french:

Witch's Rock = Le rocher de la sorcière

so the name of your map would be "Carte du rocher de la sorcière".

Caves of DeFlor = Cavernes de DeFlor

Port Au DeFlor -> Port DeFlor (= DeFlor's harbor)

Lac au vert -> Lac vert (= Green Lake)

Concerning all the rivers, the best would maybe that you give me the english names and I'll translate them for you.

That's one of the things that I LOVE about this forum. We have people from all over the world--literally. We have a wide spectrum of people, as evidenced by this multilingual assistance.

This place is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Zinuk View Post

Concerning all the rivers, the best would maybe that you give me the english names and I'll translate them for you.
    Welcome to the Guild Zinuk! It is always great to meet new folks and I hope we have something here to offer you and convince you to participate as much as you would like.

Please feel free to put up an Intro thread, and once again, welcome!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Question Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Zinuk View Post

Thank you very much, Zinik!

Rivers: Butterfly, Serpent, Rainbow, Flowers, Rum, Paulette, Night...

I appreciate the translation. I took Spanish in high school and I know some Japanese, some words in other languages, but that's it.
    DrivethruRPG store

Zounds! I have yet to master my mother tongue.

I like the map, your background paper is very nice, gives it a good look. I also like the mountains. I have a problem in making my mountains look nice like that. May I redraw them (in my own style of course) for future mapping projects? I'm trying to build a catalogue so that I can start using different looking terrain features...

Post Of course you may, Publius!

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Zounds! I have yet to master my mother tongue.

I like the map, your background paper is very nice, gives it a good look. I also like the mountains. I have a problem in making my mountains look nice like that. May I redraw them (in my own style of course) for future mapping projects? I'm trying to build a catalogue so that I can start using different looking terrain features...
    You can redraw to your heart's content, its fine with me. However, I have all my Mountain/Hills etc map objects in my Superstition Valley thread - you can go an download this you'd rather and work from there...

Link is: http://www.gamer-printshop.com/oldwest.html

Download the zip files I have here - 6 altogether and give them a try. The transparent objects is what you're probably looking for.
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast