Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December Entry UNC-134.B

Love the story (again!). Maybe call the planet Helot (hee hee). It's an interesting presentation: the background is photorealistic and the map is stylised, but I think it works. I wonder whether having an atmospheric haze (blue outer glow or something) might work with it?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

I think this might be the final product. I added a inset map for a little detail. I've had a lot of fun working on this and the story that goes with it thanks everyone for the feedback and kind words..

###LATEST WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNC-134.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	4.26 MB 
ID:	31446
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Carol Mayer knew she was in trouble. She had ignored repeated orders from her supervisors to resend a updated survey report on planet 134.B. She knew what they were looking for. The life-form reports had changed almost daily. It seemed that 134.B harbored multiple species at least one of which might very well be intelligent if not particularly advanced. She knew it was only a matter of time before the company sent another survey vessel to the planet commanded by someone with less conscience. And she had just learned that Interworld Energy CEO Parker Northrup was on his way from Earth. "Well girl" she said to herself. "You've really done it now" She just knew with every fiber of her being that she had to find a way to stop the extermination of Valkos..

Not much of an update but with the deadline looming here it is. I added a more pronounced outer glow and brightened up the stars a bit..

###LATEST WIP###

Views:	53 
Size:	1,012.0 KB 
ID:	31893
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

The comm station beeped once again and once again Carol Mayer ignored it. Long range sensors had picked up the "Vision" Interworld CEO Parker Northrup's personal shuttle. He would be here in less than a day. She had no doubt he had a full and complete picture of the situation on Valkos. And she also had no doubt that the USMG bombers wouldn't be too far behind. She had seen long scan photos of the small settlement where the life-form readings were highest. Primitive humanoids lived in what looked like hide tents while some kind of livestock milled around. Mayer was amazed. It was the first time she had ever seen extra terrestrial intelligent life. She knew these people had no chance against Interworld Energy and the United States Military Government. And neither did she.....

Here it is slightly cleaned up I hadn't noticed how"fuzzy" everything was.

###LATEST WIP###

Views:	73 
Size:	986.8 KB 
ID:	31908

Finished Maps

I think I liked the slightly darker globe but it's a minor thing really....the kind of stuff I agonize over far to much in my own work (which is only an issue with digital because you can play forever with that crap).

This does look like what might come from a shipboard computer. I did wonder why the Periodic table wasn't used for Gold and stuff but that brought me to Nexium which from my search is the purple pill, hehe. I guess you'd have to make something up for anything that was imaginary.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I think I liked the slightly darker globe but it's a minor thing really....the kind of stuff I agonize over far to much in my own work (which is only an issue with digital because you can play forever with that crap).

This does look like what might come from a shipboard computer. I did wonder why the Periodic table wasn't used for Gold and stuff but that brought me to Nexium which from my search is the purple pill, hehe. I guess you'd have to make something up for anything that was imaginary.
    I think I did the last rework just to get a bit more of the story in there. I didn't use the real periodic tables just because I tend to make up everything in my head and I tend to be wildly inconsistent with that sort of thing. And I just plain forgot that Nexium is a heartburn medication..oh well the name sounded cool..

Finished Maps

I'm with you on that. Who has time for all that real business anyway? This makes me think that I should start making my own Periodic table for use in my games. How fun would that be? I'm always coming up with names for stuff, I should start keeping track of it. Besides, you are right, Nexium sounds like the next great discovery doesn't it
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Besides, you are right, Nexium sounds like the next great discovery doesn't it
    Right up there with Unobtanium.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12