Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The World of Rysylis

Map The World of Rysylis

Hello, everyone. I've finished all the maps for my homebrew world. After much consideration, I decided to go with more "Viking Age" settlement names (since the setting is closer to the Viking Age than the Middle Ages). The maps were all hand drawn, except for the text and border which was done in Photoshop. Comments welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WESTERNE_RYSYLIS_v2.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	314.9 KB 
ID:	31383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EASTERNE_RYSYLIS_v1.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	31385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LINDEN_v1.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	31384

More information on the setting can be found at my website: http://www.rysylis.webs.com.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Nice work, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice job, simple but very effective...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Nice !! repped
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Excellent clean style. I really like the shore lines, they are great!

Thank-you for the comments! I am shocked that so many of you like these, considering the great works that are on this site. I appreciate the comments.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I loves me some hand-drawn maps. Awesome job.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStalker View Post
    Thank-you for the comments! I am shocked that so many of you like these, considering the great works that are on this site. I appreciate the comments.
    Don't be shocked, these are great looking maps. Simple is beautiful. Looks like a map that you could find in the front of a novel.
    FantasyMapMaker.com - free fantasy maps for commercial or personal use ~ Campaign Cartographer 3 Review

Again - don't be surprised - these are very nice work! There's nothing wrong - your style works well, and the various elements hang together just right. I do find myself wanting a scale - particularly if as you imply on the website, Linden is much smaller than the main continent. And even a simple outline placement of the two landmasses on a world map of some sort would help us visualize the difficulty or ease of the Linden emigration. If you haven't decided if these land masses are *all* there is to you your world, you can note a large swath of the locator world map as terra (oceanus?) incognita. Repped, with my #000 brush of repping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast