Thread: Free RPG Maps website coming soon!

Default Free RPG Maps website coming soon!

Well a few months ago, I was talking about creating a website offering free downloadable encounter-scale maps on a weekly basis as a regular promotion to sell my Endless Terrain Battlemap sets as single purchases and as a monthly subscription service.

Having discussed this with Tilt!, I was planning to do a Wordpress site, but have yet to get that to work. In the interum, I've opted to build an HTML site with links to third party Forum software and a Wordpress Blog page. I may one day put all this together under Wordpress or Mambo some day, but until then I need to get this up and going soon.

I expect to have a working site up by early next week, with an effort to really start this up first thing January 2011. I will post a News item in the News board when its ready.

The subscription idea is only the latest one. Subscribers would get a full, 4 piece double-side printed 11x17 map tiles that are laminated, with geomorphic edges and photorealistic graphics. While these 4 piece sets will be available for purchase for $19.95 plus shipping, subscriptions get the same deal at the same price, plus the 4 bonus free maps as printed maps included with the basic sets.

Also I intend to include bonus material for subscription sign up including: bonus printable maps, paper minis, map objects, and perhaps a free bonus mini-adventure designed for use in several RPG systems. Though this material will be added to, removed and changed over time as other materials become available.

While my plan is to focus on generic terrain maps for the most part, there will be dungeon tiles, alleys, caverns and even ideas of creating some modern map tiles and materials as the months go by.

I said I was doing this before, well its just about ready!

Thoughts?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Sounds cool. Good luck with it!
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

opps - I still owe you some info - I have just mailed the guy who knows the guys again... *lol* and good luck
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Sounds interesting...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very generous of you Game Printer.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd