Thread: Request - Whirlpool Trancperancy

Default Request - Whirlpool Trancperancy

I am on the hunt for a "Whirlpool" layer that has transparency so I can dump it on "what ever" coloured background and have my players go.. and say... Oh... Thats a whirl pool!

Yesterday I spent close to 30 minutes on here, Maptools, RPG Now & the power of google to no avail.

I can find them installed into maps... But just none that I can use on a generic map or one that I am making... This makes me sad. lol, Has anyone got something kicking around?

Le Glock-9mm (NZ)

Blog Entries

Did you try http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/ I found several in the photoshop Brushes when I did a search for vortex there.

Can't resist a challenge, but I'm really stretched at the mo in real life. Came up with this. If you plonk it on a background and set the blend mode to Luminosity it ought to work OK. If I had more time I'd be able to make it a bit more convincing, but it's the best I can do at short notice.

PS, this tutorial might help if you're using photoshop or similar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whirlp.png 
Views:	461 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	31491  

Nice job Ravells, I was coming to see if anyone had whipped something up. saved me about 10 minutes.

Fantastico!

My thanks to all and sunder... Now to suck my PCs down into the depths.... Muah hahha ah

Le Glock-9mm (NZ)

I could have sworn that Torstan did a really nice transparent whirlpool image too, a while back..

Edit: Yep, knew I'd seen it somewhere! Here is the link on Torstan's blog.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 12-16-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Cheers

Ive ended up using Torts one, It turns out I must have been holding my tongue wrong when I was doing the search coz on RPTools they gave me another pile of options.

Cheers Chaps