Thread: Simple area map for RP

Guild Novice

Help Simple area map for RP

Uh, I needed a fantasy map and was browsing through the Web when I came across www.fantasymapmaker.com , who had replied to others saying there were people who were willing to create fantasy maps here for free. So here I am, despite me being absolutely clueless about this particular subject. Hopefully this wouldn't take long, but I'm willing to wait, after browsing on the forums looking at the fabulous works you people made.
    This is a -very- rough sketch I did on MS Paint for the first time.

It is for my RP on another forum, Midnight Madness, and I would like it if the map looks worn, and icons to replace the colours. I would prefer it as an area map, since RPers can't run all over the world in just minutes. The artist can have all the copyrights and stuff on it, as long as the image doesn't vanish in the long run. I don't even think I'm doing this right, but I'm really hoping for some help here, being secondary school student still.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd be willing to take a crack at it but I'll need a little info first.

1. Is this the size you need the finished map?
    2. What do you mean Icons to replace the colors? do you want a black and white map?
    3. How quickly do you need this done? (bear in mind please that I do have other things to do )
    If you are interested let me know
    Thanks..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice

Post Simple area map for RP

It's roughly the size I want. As for the icons, maybe the grey areas (mountains) could have inverted 'V' to mark it instead, and the darker greens (forests) some tree icons. As he RP's more of the early ages, I would prefer if the map looks like it's on some worn parchment and ink. Thus, the icons. I don't mind waiting a month or so, but I hope to have it by next year, January, as I won't be so free due to major government exam coming up.

Blog Entries

I understand you want a hand drawn look I can handle that I'll take the commision as long as I can post the map in a WIP thread here and post the finished map here as well all other rights would be yours Thanks..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

here is the WIP thread we can use this to discuss ideas I'll post every step for your approval..
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...046#post137046

Finished Maps

Guild Novice

Default Simple area map for RP

Sure thing. Many thanks!