Hello from Florida. This site is absolutely wonderful and I am looking forward to making my own overland maps for future campaign use. The amount of help/tutorials/friendly people is amazing. For me this all started a few months ago when I decided to run a M&M 3rd ed game and I wanted to make a map of the player's base. I have a small background using PS mainly for photography but I just wasn't approaching it right in the software. So I decided to grab Inkscape and two days later I had a floorplan without any doors. My original idea was to have the floorplan as well as a sideview because I've seen that format so many times in comics. Luckily my players aren't spoiled and they didn't mind the haphazard creation with red sharpie used to mark the doors and the glaring ugliness that showed in the print version but not the screen version. So I hit the internet to find some help and here I am. I already have my hands full with tutorials that I have run across here and I am hoping to get my skills up to the point where I can take another pass at that superhero base sometime in the future.

Although the amount of stuff for overland maps seems to have my attention for now. I did have one question, hopefully it's not one overly asked, is there a point near the beginning or middle of a map that would be the optimum point to save if you wanted to do different styles of the same map, i.e. an atlas version, textured terrain version, or any of the other styles?

HC