Thread: Autorealm Questions

Question Autorealm Questions

Hey, I have recently began making maps and I am using Autorealm and am wondering a few things.

1) Is there a way to post my maps online or send them via email in a way for other people to see them without printing first??

2)What does the Hyperlink/Popup thing do?? Can I put it on one map and make it so that when you click on it it opens another map??

In answer to question 1, yes. Under the "Save As" option, you should be able to choose between a number of file formats, two of which are .bmp and .jpg, both of which can be posted here, or e-mailed to whomever.

In answer to question 2, I'm not 100% positive, but, if I remember correctly, the hyperlink does work between maps, however, that wouldn't work here in the forum. That feature, I believe, acts very much like a web-page, however, I'd have to go back and look at the documentation to be sure.

Edit : One of the forum members, Vandy, compiled the documentation for Autorealm into a single, pdf formatted file located here;
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-Documentation
    It might be of some help in answering your questions more completely.

GW
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 12-22-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Adding Link
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Don't use .bmp for posting to the Internet, though. It's uncompressed, so the files are huge, and some browsers cannot display it.

If you have the option for .gif or .png, those are the formats most suitable for the kind of output Autorealm produces.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    In answer to question 1, yes. Under the "Save As" option, you should be able to choose between a number of file formats, two of which are .bmp and .jpg, both of which can be posted here, or e-mailed to whomever.

In answer to question 2, I'm not 100% positive, but, if I remember correctly, the hyperlink does work between maps, however, that wouldn't work here in the forum. That feature, I believe, acts very much like a web-page, however, I'd have to go back and look at the documentation to be sure.

Edit : One of the forum members, Vandy, compiled the documentation for Autorealm into a single, pdf formatted file located here;
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-Documentation
    It might be of some help in answering your questions more completely.

GW
    alright thx, for the answers, I forgot about saving under different formats.
    and i already downloaded the manual and it said nothing about hyperlinks that i could find.