Thread: Survey Vessel 2334 (Nebraska) Deck Plans

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Survey Vessel 2334 (Nebraska) Deck Plans

Interworld Probe Officer Darren Cloud loved his job. He was in charge of the most important function on the entire ship and in his mind they couldn't have picked a better person for it. Probe operations were the heart of any survey vessel and his was the best in the fleet. He had studied for years to become a exogeologist and had served on the 2334 since it's commission. He had no great love for his Commander in his opinion she whined far too much. She also had too much of a conscience who really cared about these planets? After all it was Earth and her colonies that mattered....

I decided to try sketchup for the Nebraska's interior I like the way it turned out. I did use some pre-made objects but as in everything else I'm going to try to make some of this stuff myself. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.. Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deck 0 Probe Operations.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	31523
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Propulsion Officer Stan Collins nearly fell over. He had had too much to drink and was on duty in ten minutes. "Who cares?" he slurred half aloud. "It's not like anything EVER goes wrong with Interworld's engines" He was right. The Interworld FTL engine was simplicity itself so simple in fact that only two people on the entire ship knew how it worked Collins and Commander Mayer. Collins burped loudly and took his place at the monitoring station drawing an angry glance from his counterpart. He smiled hazily and settled in for another long shift of watching numbers and icons dance across the screen. It was barely 20 minutes into his shift before he was snoring softly...

Ugh..I had to go back and try that again..This is much better I think. At least it looks like something...

Name:	deck plan propulsion deck 1.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	31580
    Last edited by jtougas; 12-18-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Nicely done , i like the write ups you do there too.

Blog Entries

Thank you..I'm still learning how to use sketchup and trying to develop some artistic talent..

Finished Maps

"Maintence Tunnel" s/b "Maintenance Tunnel"

Blog Entries

Wip

Crew quarters was the one place on the entire vessel that navigator Emily Ryan felt comfortable. She knew from her very first hours in space that she did not belong out here. The loneliness was crushing and the various dysfunctions of her crew-mates were almost too much to bear. But in her rack with her holo on she was alone and happy. She often wondered as she did now whether or not she could just spend the entire mission here....

Crew quarters Big ship small crew....

Name:	deck plan Deck 2 Crew Quarters.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	31585

Finished Maps

Pretty nifty. I hope you'll do an overall deck plan in addition to all the room views.