Thread: The Google Map of your town/city/home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Google Map of your town/city/home

I'd figure it be nice to see where people live on the google map, just to see how it looks like where you guys/gals live. Might give a clue on where/how people draw their inspiration from and whatnot.

You can find google maps here: http://maps.google.com/

I come from the town Bergen in Norway, so i simply searched for Bergen, Norway on this site.
    Then i clicked the satelite version and made this link. (remember to press the "link" button on top of the map in order to get the link to your search results )

Here is where I live

I searched for a similar thread, but found none, so if there is one then I'm sorry if this is redundant.

Hi Njordys, I went to Bergen many (many) years ago, and loved it. Redrobes (a guild Software Developer) has a sort of google app thing (I don't know what it's called) where guild members can put in their location on google maps. if you look at the drop down list in the top menu (the dark brown bar) under 'Community', there is a 'member map' choice and you'll find it there!

best

Ravs

Whoa! I looked at your street view and I thought it was RecklessEnthusiasm walkin down your street. You might have to check his profile to see his picture and then go pan across the street level view to see him
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I do get around...

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Oh, so i guess this was a little redundant then. Nice boardmap, btw.

Wow, somebody here has been to Bergen? It's quite a small city, so that was a little suprising

Nice to see where you guys live.

Quote Originally Posted by njordys View Post
    I searched for a similar thread, but found none, so if there is one then I'm sorry if this is redundant.
    Not really redundant. Under Community up in the menu ^^^^ there is a drop menu. The last is a home build Member Map. You can add yourself by plunking in your coordinates.

-Rob A>