Thread: Cave Map Generator

Post Cave Map Generator

While researching for cave maps I found a site with an online Random Cave Map Generator. Although it doesn't seem to work as well as the Random City Map Generator (link offered by Naryt), I was surprised to find it.

I didn't really plan to use a Map Generator for this month's challenge, as I was looking for real cave maps for reference only.

In case anyone wants to play with it, here's the link:
    http://www.gozzys.com/article.php?cm_id=11

Here's a random cave map using the default settings:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cave-map.jpg 
Views:	1018 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	1929  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-11-2007 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added an image
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post don't know, but...

Don't know if anyone pointed a link to this before - if so, sorry for the double post, otherwise - nevermind!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

This has indeed been posted before:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...cave+generator

I found it by using the Search feature at the top of the page and entering "cave generator". I strongly recommend that everyone use the search feature before posting links so that we can keep the amount of duplicate links to a minimum.

Also, this should have been posted in the References forum where you'll find most of the links that have been posted to date.

That said, the link is definitely worth mentioning a second time especially due to the current December challenge so thanks for reminding us of the site.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Professional Artist

Gameprinter, can you direct me to the post about the random city map generator? I searched onsite for all of Naryt's posts and for "generator" and came up empty. Is it the downloadable freeware program at http://www.drachenzahn.de/city_map_g.../download.html ?

PS: The "g..." in the URL above is really the word "generator." I don't know why it insists on representing it as "g...".

Hey, Hound--yes, that is the generator.

(PS: I'll vouch for it. It's good. Maybe not, right "out of the box"--but as a generator of a quick, interesting city or town map you can use to edit or revamp, it's great!)
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    PS: The "g..." in the URL above is really the word "generator." I don't know why it insists on representing it as "g...".
    The forum software shortens the printed length of URL's and replaces them with an ellipsis so they don't get too wide. The actual link will be correct.

-Rob A>