Thread: The Scarlet Bard

Default The Scarlet Bard

This is a tribute to my first CRPG: The Bard's Tale - Tales of the Unknown. It shows the tavern "The Scarlet Bard", where the first dungeon is located. A part of this dungeon is shown and it looks very different when not drawn with a pencil on squared paper

Hope you enjoy it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bard's Tale.pdf  

The Bard's Tale!!! That map looks great (!) and brings back memories.. For me it was also the first RPG game I played on my good ol' C64. One of the things that got me hooked on Fantasy... I completely mapped that game ... Just loved it... you enter a room with 99 skeletons.... hack.. slash.. Got the xbox version a couple of years ago but nothing beats the original... oh, the memories... thanks for mapping and sharing this ! cheers!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I never got that darn game to run for more than 5 minutes on my old C64...and the whole time I was lost in some sort of maze of walls that all looked the same. I heard it was great from all my friends but I never got to really play it. Your bar looks pretty good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Never played the game myself, but I really like your rendering of the Inn Kato. Nice Work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Brings back old old memories. I used a lot of graph paper on that game Halfling Monk ftw!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hehe, if you want a bit of nostalgia Warriors Tale. Pretty much a remake of the original.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Bard's Tale! That brings back lots of memories, never did finish it. Nice work on the Inn Katto..
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.