Thread: Black & white maps using Gimp?

Question Black & white maps using Gimp?

While I am very fond of creating my own hand-drawn maps using colored pencils and pens, I've been intrigued by the possibility of doing blarger scale black & white maps using Gimp. I was put in mind of this when I saw this map and ones similar to it, such as for The Well of the Unicorn; I'm not interested in using CC, but rather doing something similar in Gimp. Suggestions for tutorials?

If you create a map, even if it's in color, you can desaturate it and tweak it to black & white. If you just use black and white to begin with it's even easier. I think you can use any of the tutorials that are in the Tutorial section of this website and get what you are after. Just ignore the color options if there are any.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Are you looking for hand drawn in Gimp or using stamps (brushes, objects, etc.)?

If you can hand draw on paper, you can hand draw in Gimp (or Photoshop, or any raster program) with a tablet. See my portfolio or finished map link (sig) for examples.

-Rob A>