Thread: What do you think???

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter mbartelsm's Avatar

Map What do you think???

I used Google Earth Images of random islands and land masses, then, i placed them together and made this
    Right now i'm making a higher resolution one.

And yes, i know the names are NOT really creative
    Last edited by mbartelsm; 12-22-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Interesting way of making a map! Couple of things from me:I'm not sure if they are rivers or roads (e.g. the blue line just above the Blue Fort) but if they are rivers you have a number of them going from coast to coast, which to my knowledge is very rare - I can only think of the Panama Canal and the Suez Canal that do this and they're man made. It would really helpful if you posted the software you are using in your profile information so we can help you further without having to ask, What software did you use to create this? Er... so what software did you use to create this?

If you've got photoshop or Gimp you should be able to clone stamp you way out of the river problem.

The only other thing is that to me the texture you've used for the sea doesn't really mesh - it might be because the bevelled/embossed bits have a too obvious repeating pattern.

I do like the bright yellow coastlines though, gives the map a futuristic look.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty cool you may want to find a different water texture it seems a little big for the style of map (and I like your names BTW simple is good IMO)
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter mbartelsm's Avatar

The blue lines are region limits, and the sea is the standard Google earth texture.

But i will work on that once i finish the higher resolution one, Thanks