Thread: [WIP] Eärwa

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Wip [WIP] Eärwa

I just started work on a map of Eärwa, which is the name of the continent in R. Scott Bakker's fantasy series The Second Apocalypse. Besides wanting a big wall poster of one of my favorite fantasy series's, I'm testing out various tutorials for making fictional geographic features, before leaping off and making my own world out of whole cloth. My experience lies in making maps of real places, which in some ways is easier than making places up, especially for things like terrain elevation.

Anyway, presented below is my start at the map (the second one), as well as the map found in the book (the thumbnail). My intent is to symbolize some geographic features that are currently represented by text in the book map, like deserts and steppes. However, I haven't settled on a style yet. Also, you can see the mountains I attempted using ravell's tutorial. I'm not quite happy with how they look, but it's a start.

Comments? Criticism?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Earwa_map.jpg 
Views:	650 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	31667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Earwa_PON.JPG 
Views:	824 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	31666  
    Last edited by jetfx; 12-23-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: clarifying which is my map