Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stormhaven

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Stormhaven

I must be crazy..Another city I'm going to try an antique look for this one. I have the basic layout done but as usual the buildings are giving me grief.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stormhaven Old Style.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	455.2 KB 
ID:	31672
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I can sympathize with you there, building were also giving me a problem, and street layout Your layout looks great and looks fairly well divided up. Looking forward to seeing this progress!

Blog Entries

Wip

Well I think I figured out the buildings A little of this a little of that and voila !! I started to label this sucker as well I'll have a key somewhere to call out the important locations..

Views:	153 
Size:	707.0 KB 
ID:	31696
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Here it is with a cartouche and a border.. (I seem to struggle with borders but I rather like this one. ) I like the "antique" style but obviously I'll need some more practice at it. I was going to name all the streets but at this size the labels would have to be tiny so there was no need. The same goes for the key. I'll just call this the "decorative" copy that would hang in a office somewhere...

Views:	137 
Size:	955.3 KB 
ID:	31697

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

I decided to try another approach with this map and divide the wards into their own maps this is the WIP of Sea Ward

Name:	Sea Ward.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	31790

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

I decided the cobblestones were a bit much so I went in a different direction I like this better. I've also started labeling this beast...

Views:	140 
Size:	4.10 MB 
ID:	31820

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

I added some textural details to "liven" up this map a bit I've started to label it as well. Now I just have to read through 20 or so hand written pages... * I had to resize the original image from 4000x4000*

Views:	98 
Size:	4.33 MB 
ID:	31859

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Well here it is. After straining my eyes for a couple of hours trying to read my awful writing from 20 years ago I have this done. I really like how this turned out. Now on to the other half of Stormhaven...

Name:	Port Ward.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	4.61 MB 
ID:	31862

Finished Maps

Looks like really good progress

Guild Apprentice

Nice to see a corner of Oerth mapped. I think you misspelled Fharlanghn in #10, but it could be the font.
    Last edited by TregMallin; 12-30-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast