Thread: December 2010 Entry: The Littlest Planetoid

Default December 2010 Entry: The Littlest Planetoid

Okay, so, I know I am entering ridiculously late and that more WIP posts generally equate to more votes, but I figured I had a free evening so I thought I'd try to put something out. So, I give you 'The Littlest Planetoid."

I figure I can't compete with the likes of Sapiento, Ascension, Cereth, and Ravells in terms of raw artistic skill, so I figured I'd go for something more style-heavy. I was kind of inspired by RJBeals' 'Lookout Island' and its cartoony look which made me think of being a child, doodling in a notebook, thought I'd give something similar a shot.

Edit: DARN IT, I forgot to use the 'December Entry:' tag! I'm so sorry, mods!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Littlest Planetoid.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	895.5 KB 
ID:	31685  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 12-23-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh thats just cool.. Ava is SO mad at me she said "Daddy why can't you make me a map like that.." Guess who's gonna get her vote.. Excellent job!!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thread title modified...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

JT - Thanks, my man! I appreciate the kind words, always.

SG - Thanks, my man.

Just a few tiny changes, mostly cleanup, and a WIP tag this time:

Views:	49 
Size:	893.0 KB 
ID:	31686  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 12-24-2010 at 11:05 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks kinda like the old Pop Rocks thing. Well done, man. Style is the most important thing in most of these competitions. Usually the hand-drawn or antiques win so if your goal is to rack up medals then go that way but if your goal is to experiment with other styles then have at it I say.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Sorry for the almost inconsequential updates. I feel like the success here is the cleanness of the lines and colors, so I am doing lots of tiny edits and adjustments.

### latest WIP ###

Views:	92 
Size:	900.8 KB 
ID:	31724  

Ha. I was considering asking if the Little Prince's planet was within the rules ... nice job ! :-)

This is all about fun and I think this map captures that in spades.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt