Thread: The World of Urd

Map The World of Urd

New here, but I figured I'd share. Here's a map I put together for a D&D campaign I ran a few years ago. The style of the map is based somewhat upon a series of Warhammer maps. The various mountain ranges, forests, cities, etc., were done by cutting up dozens of individual elements in various Warhammer maps and then setting them up as elements and symbols in Campaign Cartographer. The oriental themed city/fortress symbols on the far east part of the map were done by taking 3D renderings of various asian structures and them converting them to a linework style that matched the rest of the map. Text, rivers, roads, and other editing was done in Paint Shop Pro. I just thought I'd point all that out, because I don't want to take more credit than is due. Anyways, if the fact that artwork in this map is based off of other maps crosses some sort of line, feel free to delete this post.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Urd World Map.gif 
Views:	956 
Size:	4.30 MB 
ID:	31701

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks good to me, man. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I always feel like, if you're not making the map for profit, and you cite your sources, there's nothing wrong with 'recycling'. Especially when the result looks as good as this.

Rep for posting a map in your first post!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Nice !! repped
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.