Thread: Jayiat Highlands

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Map Jayiat Highlands

This map is a "rework" of a CWP map that I thought was interesting. I tried to remain as true to the original as I could while incorporating my own style into it. This map was created in GIMP. Unfourtunatley I don't know who drew the original map as they deserve the credit for the creation of this region.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Jayiat Highlands.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	31262
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I really like the overall texture of the land. I like the marshes a little less, they're a little too 'pixely' for my taste, especially next to the land. But overall a nice map

Octopod was the original author, but he hasn't been seen in these parts for almost two years now.

I think you could tone down the blue a bit. It's quite vibrant in comparison to most of the other features. Also, there is no indication of the mountains here, although you've labeled the passes. (The Heriyat Pass, by the way, runs east-west and is fairly short. You've got it running north-south parallel to the mountain range.) And Plaguefort is misspelled.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Octopod was the original author, but he hasn't been seen in these parts for almost two years now.

I think you could tone down the blue a bit. It's quite vibrant in comparison to most of the other features. Also, there is no indication of the mountains here, although you've labeled the passes. (The Heriyat Pass, by the way, runs east-west and is fairly short. You've got it running north-south parallel to the mountain range.) And Plaguefort is misspelled.
    Good Points. I'll make the suggested changes..Thanks
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Map

Here is the rework of the rework.. of Octopod's Jayiat Highlands Map I decided to do this as it was a very interesting area. I take NO credit for the original design of this map only of the reworking of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Jayiat Highlands.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	31664

Finished Maps