Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WiP - BlackStar Studios commission battlemaps

Loving all that great looking foliage.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks, Jaxilon! Here's an update on the ruins encounter map. Roughing it in quickly with the same techniques I used on the river crossing. The black lines and dome/fountain are holdouts from the sketch, leaving them in for now for reference. Working on the walls and rubble now. Vegetation is mostly placeholder at this point.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruins-encounter-map.jpg 
Views:	784 
Size:	323.1 KB 
ID:	34170  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks awesome
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks! Here's a bit more progress. The fountain's in as is the "hideout" building north of it...where someone the PCs are going to be saving has barricaded himself. I've been saving the dome for last but it looks like I have to move on to that now because most of the rest is done apart for some tweaks and touchup.
    M

Name:	Ruins-encounter-map-08.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	332.7 KB 
ID:	34221  

Couldn't let the dome sit overnight...had to finish it. I'm calling this one, along with the river crossing map, about done. Here's the final-ish map. I'll come back to these and do some tweaking after my eyes get used to not seeing them for a while. I know there's a bit more I'd like to do to them but I'll just bust them up if I keep messing about with them.

One more map in this series to do: the mob boss domus mentioned (and sketched) on page one of this thread. I need to get this one out of the way by the weekend so I can finalize the area map and finally turn back to that great big crazy city map I'm doing for BlackStar. It's going to take *hours* more work...

Hope you guys dig these. I'll post the whole bucketful in the Finished Maps section when they're all done.
    M

Name:	Ruins-encounter-map-09.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	331.1 KB 
ID:	34222  

I really like this one, it looks like it will be a blast to play on.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Great mix of foliage and stone. Would be good to see without the grid and text.

BOB

Thanks! Will see what I can do about posting one without an overlay. In the meantime, here's the current sketch for the mob boss encounter map. It covers the boss' "domus" as well as a waterfront office (in the "mini-maps" below the main map). Waiting for a confirmation from the client that the layout is good before I start to execute on it. Shouldn't take me long once I get going...
    M

Name:	Mob-boss-encounter-map-02.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	823.2 KB 
ID:	34318  

More on the mob boss map. Looks like I skipped posting a step or two. This one looks much better than the most recent, I think. C&C appreciated....
    M

Name:	Mob-boss-encounter-map-04.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	417.6 KB 
ID:	34429  

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Perhaps if you had another small call out to show the building with the roof on?

I like the idea of having the map be available as an interactive version where you can show with the roof on and without. Seeing the courtyard just makes me want to get up on the roof and go in that way rather than the front door

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast