Thread: Map Symbol Sets (ordinary file formats)

Default Map Symbol Sets (ordinary file formats)

Hello,

I am currently looking for decent symbols to use in Photoshop for town/city mapping. So far, all the symbols I found are in FSC or whatever format, and that's about as useful to me as a blindfold. Can anyone recommend any sites with map symbols in PNG, PSD or even JPEG format? Thanks in advance.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Um, have you looked through our Mapping Elements section? As for links those are in the Reference Material section.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I believe everything on the Dundjinni forums is in PNG.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Friedebarth View Post
    Hello,

I am currently looking for decent symbols to use in Photoshop for town/city mapping. So far, all the symbols I found are in FSC or whatever format, and that's about as useful to me as a blindfold. Can anyone recommend any sites with map symbols in PNG, PSD or even JPEG format? Thanks in advance.
    Go to our web site:

http://www.vintyri.org

Pick the menu option for the Vintyri Cartographic Collection.

There you'll find more than 1,000 city symbols/objects and fills/textures available for free download.

All are in PNG format when they have transparent elements, JPG format when there are no transparent elements. These objects are released under the Open Game License 1.0a and can bused for both private and commercial work. The objects are based upon actual and historical European structures. Each set includes an illustrated PDF that shows photos of the prototypes and offers tips on how to use them.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project