Thread: Need Island and City Maps

Post Need Island and City Maps

For those of you who don't know, I am no longer associated with ICE. I am now working for a new company called Firehawk Games - http://www.firehawkgames.com - and we are in the process of developing a new system and a new setting.

I can be contacted at tim (at ) firehawkgames (dot) com as I apparently do not yet have enough posts to do PMs.

As part of my duties, I am working on designing a new setting to go along with the new RPG called Novus that will shortly be released as an Open Beta from Firehawk Games. The setting is called Tyrlon, and it is essentially a large island with a few nifty twists to make things exciting.

I have a VERY rough map to go by (that I made myself - I think that I have it attached below), and for the style of the finished map, I like the style that these were done in, so would like something similar.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ma...ppi_cv2891.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ma...ppi_hgj20d.jpg

Now, on this island is one small city, of around 7,000 people. And I would need a city map for it. I like the style found in the Cities of Harn module, and would like something similar to that. Here are some links to copies of those maps that I found online - http://www.harshlands.net/Images1/tashal.jpg and http://rpgcharacters.files.wordpress.../04/aleath.jpg

For the city map, I do have some ideas about what I am wanting from it, and for things I don't want in it, but I don't have it written up fully yet.

Payment: I am open to negotiation as to rates.
    Time Constraints: No major rush at all, but would like to have the maps finished with a month or two. I would like to have the city map finished first though, since I will need to
    Style: See links above
    Quality: Professional, publishable quality and fine detail are a must. The maps should be 600 dpi. The island map should be sized for an 11x17 sheet, while the city map should be for for 8.5x11
    Copyright: Standard - I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain. The artist will be credited wherever the map is used.

Note: I do not expect a single artist to provide both maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tyrlon2.gif 
Views:	151 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	32405

Hi Rasyr, I'd be interested in taking a crack at the city map. I'm working on a mapping style (see image below) which (I think) is much nicer than the Harn city maps (of course YMMV), but if you are particularly wedded to the Harn style, it's much easier to do. I'm assuming that 7,000 people is circa 1,000 or so buildings. If you're interested, drop a line here and I'll write you an email. What I can't do is work to very short deadlines as I have a day job.

:: edit :: there are some other city styles in my portfolio which is linked in my signature below.

All the best

Ravs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	render_07.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	32406  

Send me an email (you can find it in the first post), and we will discuss it further. While I like the Harn city style, as long as the final city map is something similar. And by similar, I mean clean and easily readable. I need to be able to put numbers within a large number of buildings so that I can write the descriptions...

The Harn city of Cherafir has a population of about 7,000 and has approximately 500-600 buildings (I lost count a little more then halfway through...). I also have some ideas about the rough layout that I am wanting for the city, and we can discuss those along with compensation in private...

These commissions might be taken. If the discussions I am having with the two respective artists pan out, I will change the tag to read taken.

The Island map commission has been taken.

Okay, it seems that Ravells and myself are parting ways on the city map (although he IS an excellent artist), so while the Island map is taken, I still need an artist for the City Map.

Ah, sorry to hear that. I could do the island map but I didn't have anything like it in my portfolio like the style you linked. I will be correcting that in the near future. I have yet to do anything with cities and I'm not sure I could stand all the boxes. I'm sure you will find someone though. Thanks for keeping us posted.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

In hindsight, I should have made two separate posts, as then it would have been easier to mark when the one was taken and the other wasn't.

But then again, hindsight is always 20/20.... heheh