So, I have been working on and off for four years on my digital Myst books, I'm done with the first book, covering the first game; Myst and I am currently working on the second book which is about Riven.

In these books, maps of the islands need to be drawn, so I thought I'd submit three from the Myst book here. I'm new to the forum and I've asked some questions about map making to enhance these and make them better. You can read a bit about the process here:

http://sandman.net/myst

Basically, I use a Wacom Cintiq to draw the maps, and mainly Photoshop. I use this for all the illustrations in the books, not only the maps. I am trying to get a nice hand-drawn look to the maps, yet try to fit as much detail as possible and I am constantly trying to make them better. The ones in the books are the current versions.

You can even click on the Riven book and see a sketch of the Temple island map. I am currently working on the Jungle island map in Riven and I am trying to make mountain ridges look better than they have. I dislike my take on stones and ridges and wanted a more map-like look of erosion and shading. I was (on this board) told that it looked fine though so I'm unsure as to how to make myself more satisfied with it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stoneship.png 
Views:	405 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	31875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myst.png 
Views:	2489 
Size:	970.1 KB 
ID:	31876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selentic.png 
Views:	1191 
Size:	527.4 KB 
ID:	31877

I'm new to the forum, so I apologize if I'm making any rookie mistakes