Thread: Seven Winds - 1st Digital Fantasy Map

Wip Seven Winds - 1st Digital Fantasy Map

Seven Winds is just a working name. Still need to add names for areas, towns, rivers, oceans etc, You thank I need some trails? One city will almost be in the center of a giant meteor crater. Any suggestions or comments much appreciated. BTW I hand drew the Ship and banners. The ship was originally used for a poster and merch for a fest called Forecastle here in Louisville back in 06.

Larger Map

I quite like your map, nice vibrant colours and great ship and banners.
    Rivers usually do not split, only join. And where do the rivers in the crater run to? The water needs to go somewhere...

Image wont opet, maybe link broken. Nice colors btw,very nice

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aside from the rivers (and as a writer I hardly ever notice that sort of thing until someone points it out to me.. ) This map is beautiful !! I love the name very evocative. Also the embellishments are superb.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks all for the comments. I am going to remove the crater rivers. Did not really like the look of them anyways. None of my rivers split, I don't think. I have a few dis-tributary run offs. OK maybe my delta is WAY to big LOL. I will up it and add some more details and post again. Also be working on a city for the crater. Maybe call it Crater Town. Simple but I like it. I think I may also change the conjoined W and V in Seven Winds. Makes it look like a Y and not a V in seven.

The compass lines distract from the map. IMO they would look better running under the land. But I love the ship and scroll as a title! It adds a very nice touch.
    My DA

Unless I state otherwise in a post, all of my work displayed on this forum is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Here is an updated map with all the suggestions I got.
    Seven Winds

This is really nice for reasons mentioned before, and impressive that your first digital is this good

Thanks all, here is a big update to the map.
    Seven Winds

Thanks all, here is a big update to the map.
    Seven Winds