Thread: Heartguard

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Map Heartguard

Another town in my Kingdom Of Shendenflar Setting. This map was made in GIMP with the buildings and other elements made in Google Sketchup.

*EDIT* I made a few changes to this such as adding a grid and moving some of the buildings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartguard.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	32327
    Last edited by jtougas; 01-09-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Try rotating some of your buildings. I think it unlikely that a village this size would have a strict policy of orienting buildings strictly to the compass.

Imagine driving a cart through the town down the Forest Road. Given that the cart will be somewhat wider than a horse (the horse, by the way, gives us the only scale reference available on this map), so it would probably be a very tight fit to maneuver one between Alin Baras' house and that hut to the west of it.

Also, the shadows on the forest are falling to the left, but all the other shadows fall to the right.

edit: Whoops! Guess I commented on the Finished Map forum instead of the WIP. Mea culpa.
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 01-01-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had just noticed the shadows..whoops But I hadn't thought about the narrowness of the road thanks for pointing that out
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter mbartelsm's Avatar

it look way to square, try rotating some buildings