Thread: Nephellian Empire (my first map)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Nephellian Empire (my first map)

soo, before really posting somwhere in this forum I wanted to try doing a map in the PhotoShop
    this is part of a project of mine called Midétaphos and Nephells is the great continent AND Empire of the West, commanded by the human necromancer, Valiér Votan.

anyways XD

I did the first map on RPG Maker VX a looong time ago

and I decided to adapt it to the photoshop, in a political way, showing the borders of the Duches lands usign this tutorial ("duquesados" in portuguese. If anyone knows how to say it in english, please, tell me xD) or at least, trying too XD

I'll be posting both maps, but, it's not finished yet, okay? I need some more time to think about the names (and choosing the names will involve the history of the contionent, wich wasn't given too much tought yet and the linguistic matters through the history of Nephells. So it might take some time XD)

Please, comment =3

(oh, yeah, one more question. were could I show more information about my conworld?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nephells.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	814.6 KB 
ID:	31974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nephellsrpgmaker copy.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	31975
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic34531_1.gif

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

I like both of them; the antique style one for the overall execution (though some smoother waves off of the coasts would be nice), and the Pixel one for the uniquness. for that style be sure to check out the minecraft maps (see attached).

as for the question of where you can organize your information and backstory, one option is to start your own wiki on wikispaces

hope that helps. btw, repped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	32086  

Your map is coming along nicely, except that you appear to have some serious issues with your rivers, assuming you are trying for anything realistic. Or maybe I'm mistaking some border lines for rivers, but if so, you probably want to make what is what more clear.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...he-right-place
    Last edited by rdanhenry; 01-03-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
    I like both of them; the antique style one for the overall execution (though some smoother waves off of the coasts would be nice), and the Pixel one for the uniquness. for that style be sure to check out the minecraft maps (see attached).

as for the question of where you can organize your information and backstory, one option is to start your own wiki on wikispaces

hope that helps. btw, repped.
    Yeah, it helps a lot, thank you

I'll try the smoother waves, thank you
    and the blocky one is like that because of the limitations of the RPG Maker VX, you know? I still love that program though XD

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Your map is coming along nicely, except that you appear to have some serious issues with your rivers, assuming you are trying for anything realistic. Or maybe I'm mistaking some border lines for rivers, but if so, you probably want to make what is what more clear.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...he-right-place
    I'm reading it right now, thank you
    looks like the rivers really need some urgent change XD
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic34531_1.gif