Thread: Erm, is there something more original that I can say here than "hello"?

Guild Applicant

Default Erm, is there something more original that I can say here than "hello"?

I guess not. Hello everyone!

I just thought I'd better introduce myself as (a) I just found this site and (b) it's unlikely that anyone else would introduce me! I've already found maps on this site to rival the most professional that I've ever seen so I can see I'm in for a steep learning curve.

I've just bought CC3 and the addons, years after purchasing CC2 Pro etc and using them for a short while before realising that I didn't really know what I wanted to get out of it. I've now decided to try to create my own little world and populate it with maps and the like, so I'll be looking for inspiration all over the place starting very shortly. Oddly, I don't play in any RPG groups and haven't done since I was about 16, though this hasn't stopped me enjoying the source books. As a result, I'll be creating my world independent of any game rules with the hope that people will be able to interpret my directions and adapt them to fit their own game rules. I'm a little worried as to whether it'll work or not, but let's see if anyone actually comes and views my site eh? I guess to do that I'm going to need to get a site first, and that could take a while as I won't be buying it until I've got enough source material to put up there.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. I hope to see you around soon.

TB

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! I also haven't "played" an RPG for a few years now but that hasn't stopped me from finally fleshing out my own campaign setting. I look forward to seeing your work
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

My actual playing experience consisted of a D&D game DMd by my Dad when I was 13. I DMed a couple of games of FASA Star Trek because nobody else in my little clique of "friends" knew jack about rpgs. Those were unsatisfying, because I take my roleplaying too seriously and none of my clique took it seriously at all. Actually, my Dad probably felt the same way about me when we were playing...

My current preference for 3e GURPS with a lot of House Rules and a bit of 4e thrown in here and there probably mitigates against me getting another game together ever again.

Mostly, I read a lot of supplements and build a lot of worlds, and generally imagine what it would be like to travel through those worlds. When I'm writing, I occasionally game out snippets of action to work out, in detail, just how things could be done and just how improbable success might be. Thus a fairly "realistic"...ish system like GURPS.

Whether for actual gamers or for armchair game-readers like me, rules-light world supplements are very attractive. Go for it!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi, welcome to the guild. Be sure to check out our many tutorials, and when you're ready to start your own maps - post in a WIP (work in progress thread) for help and critique
    and just to be different than all the others I DO play rpg's, mostly D&D and have been playing for.. eh... 30 years
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave