Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Goal: Medieval city block

Hey Katto, I ordered the new Silo reference guide book: 3D Modelling in Silo: the Official Guide. It arrived today and it's pretty good. 2/3rds of it is on organic modelling and 1/3 on hard surface modelling. I've flipped though it and am pretty impressed. Check it out!

Thanks ravells, hope you bought the ebook version. I ordered the book in December, because I thought it was perfect to learn Silo's interface. And it was. The book is really good, easy to follow, BUT I hope you also ordered a magnifier, because the selected edges are often hard to recognise. Don't forget to download the bonus chapters.
    Oh and save OFTEN, best to note the filename next to the paragraph, because you always notice a few pages further, that you have made a mistake

As noted in the introduction chapter or here. Just scroll down, you will find links to the WIP's and bonus chapters.

Brilliant, thanks Katto. The book only arrived today and it will be awhile before I can read it while working through the examples.

I just don't know how some people who retire say that they are bored and don't know what to do with themselves. I'd be able to fill my day and more. I just need to be able to retire!!!

I tested a lot of textures and that's the style that I like most. Of course, I will try a few variations also, what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scene.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	188.3 KB 
ID:	32795  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Incredible. Those textures are right on
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Fantastic, Katto!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast