Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop - H3 Pyramid of Shadows

Question Question on square size.

Very nice map! I am planning on using it in my campaign since we are just starting Pyramid of Shadows. I have a question on the size of the squares though. You said the link is at 65% reduction. When I try to scale it back to 100% using Photoshop, the squares don't end up 1"x1" (they are slightly larger). Are the squares not 1x1 in your 100% file? If they are not, can you tell me what size they are? Thanks!

The maps were not intended for 1"x1" tabletop play, just VT play (hence the reduction). The grid size is 50 pixels.

Here's my interpretation of the initial encounter area for H3 - The Clearing in the Forest. Its not included in the official module. Enjoy!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That looks fantastic. The log, the rocks, the texture of the path, all are just superb. Thanks for posting!

I really like what you have done with these maps. Only issue I have is the resolution even for VTT play, unsure of your reason for the reduction. Hope you keep it up!!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Question

I'm not sure if this is verboten, but can you post the original PSD of the clearing encounter? I would love to print it at much higher resolution for tabletop play.

Thanks!

Remember, posting complete maps of Wizard's Products may get you into trouble. Heck I may even get i trouble for my encounter scale maps I have done, but I confident I have not broken any laws by providing clean maps for the encounter areas to aid players. But posting a complete map showing the entire complex may get one in trouble.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I am a little reluctant to post up the original PSD, however I am not opposed to uploading increased resolution versions, if anyone wants really wants them. The only reason I didn't post these up at 100px = 1 inch scale is because the maps were only intended for VTT play, where the use of lower resolution maps is generally more beneficial as it drives less of a bandwidth issue when transferring to players. Under Fantasy Grounds the maps are rendered with either a 33px or 50px grid size, in 90% of the time, the 33px grid size is perfectly workable and the quality not to bad.

NeonKnight also makes an interesting point. I have not been approached by anyone with a complaint yet, specifically either from the original cartographer or Wizards however thats not to say its not a possibility and that one day I maybe asked to C&D. I would hope that does not occur as I am not seeking to personally profit from these maps, simply enable D&D play via online with the usual benefits of real world round table play. Its for this reason I will only post up the players versions and not the DM marked up versions, for this I insist users go buy the official modules.

Ditto here. I will make only the 'encounter' maps, not the whole DM Map. Also, if the product comes with a Poster map, I will not do that map either. Only the Encounter maps that are not provided as a play aid.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by splee View Post
    I am a little reluctant to post up the original PSD, however I am not opposed to uploading increased resolution versions, if anyone wants really wants them. The only reason I didn't post these up at 100px = 1 inch scale is because the maps were only intended for VTT play, where the use of lower resolution maps is generally more beneficial as it drives less of a bandwidth issue when transferring to players. Under Fantasy Grounds the maps are rendered with either a 33px or 50px grid size, in 90% of the time, the 33px grid size is perfectly workable and the quality not to bad.

NeonKnight also makes an interesting point. I have not been approached by anyone with a complaint yet, specifically either from the original cartographer or Wizards however thats not to say its not a possibility and that one day I maybe asked to C&D. I would hope that does not occur as I am not seeking to personally profit from these maps, simply enable D&D play via online with the usual benefits of real world round table play. Its for this reason I will only post up the players versions and not the DM marked up versions, for this I insist users go buy the official modules.
    Did you ever post the 100px version?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast