Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop - H3 Pyramid of Shadows

Wip Photoshop - H3 Pyramid of Shadows

Hey All,

I have been a long time lurker here (although this is my first post). After all the useful material I have found here I thought it time I offered something back. Here's my interpretation of Mike Schley's Level 1 map for H3 Pyramid of Shadows for VTT play.

The map was produced in Photoshop, the URL leads to a downsized (65% reduction) version of the master. I plan to post up Level 2 and 3 just as soon as I get some time to complete them.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Hey, man, that looks great. Nice job, indeed.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Very nice...clean lines. I like it.
    Repped!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Fine map! One thing which looks odd, however, is the bevel and emboss effect on the doors.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Fine map! One thing which looks odd, however, is the bevel and emboss effect on the doors.
    I actually like the effect. It makes the doors "pop" a little more, so they're more obvious. I hate it when players have to squint at a map asking "Where's the door again?"
    Mind you, we're not exactly young either...eyesight's one of the first things to go, so they say.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. I am steadily working through Level 2 as I type this, I am about 65% done with just a few encounter areas to complete. On the topic of the doors I see both sides (he he), I'll see if i can tone them down slightly without losing too much pop.

OK, as promised, here's Level 2 (again at 65% reduction).

And Level 3

I've said it before on another forum, but I'll say it again here. These look really nice, there is enough is just the right amount of details to convey what is needed, but not the clutter or overworking that would detract from the usefullness of these maps.
    Very well done. When my campaign gets to this point I will be using these maps. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast