Thread: Thaalym-Duhr (WIP)

Threaded View

Wip Thaalym-Duhr (WIP)

As part of my New Year's Resolutions, I've promised myself the following;

I will focus my attentions on only one map or project at a time.
    With that in mind, I'm starting this WIP as a follow-up to the work I was doing on my New Dundock map for the December mapping challenge. There were a lot of things I liked about that particular map and the direction it was going. In fact, the only concern I had about that map was a negligible loss of coastal detail when shifting the world file back and forth between FTPro and Wilbur. Let me repeat, that loss of detail was negligible and something I can live with, however, I may have an alternative process that will reduce my dependency on Wilbur for certain parts of the editing process and allow me to work exclusively in FTPro. That is a bridge, though, that I'll cross when I get to it.

That being said, there are also a number of other ideas that I've come up with and/or adapted from other tutorials that I believe will give the end product of this WIP a more complete appearance. However, rather than trying to "reboot" the New Dundock map, I'm going to start with a fresh world and treat this not only as a WIP, but as a tutorial of sorts as well. If things turn out the way I think they will, I'll start working on a "true" and more detailed tutorial for what I've accomplished.

Anyways, enough of my talking, it's time for me to start walking the walk, as they say.

GW

P.S. Thaalmyn-Duhr is the ancient Dwarven name for the world, meaning "Heartbeat of Duhr"
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 01-03-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    When nothing is going right and you can't find someone else to blame, start beating your head against the wall, 'cause it'll feel so much better when you stop.