Thread: Riven - Temple Island

Guild Member Facebook Connected SandmanNet's Avatar

Map Riven - Temple Island

This is the finished map of the Temple island in Riven. You can follow the progress of all maps of Riven in my thread Riven - work in progress.

Hope you like it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temple_Island_new.jpg 
Views:	3549 
Size:	387.4 KB 
ID:	32142
    Last edited by SandmanNet; 01-05-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Updated the map

Beautiful. As I stated previously, your shading on the mountain faces is quite incredible. The only thing I find out of place a bit is the pathways as too "clean", ie solid color(though, I do see a bit of shadow in a few places which helps give it extra dimension!), but... perhaps that's just me....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Jfrazierjr probably knows better than me, but I really do like the crispness and cleanness of the colors and lines--it is a nice trademark of your style.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Beautiful. As I stated previously, your shading on the mountain faces is quite incredible. The only thing I find out of place a bit is the pathways as too "clean", ie solid color(though, I do see a bit of shadow in a few places which helps give it extra dimension!), but... perhaps that's just me....
    I know what you mean and I agree. I'll think about it, and probably touch on this map some more. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    Jfrazierjr probably knows better than me, but I really do like the crispness and cleanness of the colors and lines--it is a nice trademark of your style.
    Oh, I have a style now? Thanks!

I like it. If I had one small critique is that I would extend the water a bit further, having it connect between the islands and extend far enough out to give a feel of them being islands.
    Other than that I like your style and the brightness of the work. Nice job. Thanks for sharing your work.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinNight View Post
    I like it. If I had one small critique is that I would extend the water a bit further, having it connect between the islands and extend far enough out to give a feel of them being islands.
    Other than that I like your style and the brightness of the work. Nice job. Thanks for sharing your work.
    Agreed! I have actually already done that. Maybe I should upload a new "finished" version

Very nice. I really like your works.

You could just go to your first post and 'edit' it (you may have to click on 'Go Advanced') then click on the manage attachments 'paperclip' and load the new version in.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Really nice. Well done!