Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Test City

Guild Member

Fantastic City, ravells! Looking through the city I have but one question. Shouldn't West Gate be East Gate?

Guild Apprentice

How did you come to label Merchant's Row "bottom to top" while "Repton" is (more or less) Top to Bottom? I don't know if there is a One True Way to label, but for some reason Merchant's Row looked different than the rest.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Absolutely Awesome !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Hey Ravs, wash your goldfish down the sink to progress on this map, please!

Was a time that on a Saturday night I'd be out painting the town red. Now I'm painting little black roof lines on the town on my pc....lol...how times have changed.

So, I've been given a day pass from the font asylum (having completed most of the upper case) and I wanted to finish this map. So n hundred little rooflines later here is the latest. I think I might put a tented settlement outside the gates because I'm getting really fed up of these little rooflines, (but they have to be done). I really wish I had the staying power of some of the people here.

I've screwed up big time on the roof lines..I should have had different line weights to delineate building divisions and the lines of the actual roofs but I'm not going back and redoing it all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110205 export.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	33207  

Yippiehh, a progress

Hm, perhaps my eye for detail is not as attuned as yours Ravs but I don't see a problem with the roof lines. Great city map! Looking forward to seeing the final cut.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast