Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: December/January Challenge: isometric campsite

Yeah, I'm jealous of that bent grid.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Apprentice

Wip December/January Challenge: isometric campsite

I put in some marsh grass by the stream and added trees and grass. I went pretty heavy on the trees along the border. The map was looking pretty empty and the deadline is looming. I really should have planned ahead a little better. Other than terrain details, I can't think of much else to add.

(Any idea why there's no thumbnail for this one?)

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	campsite_02.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	844.9 KB 
ID:	32184  
    Last edited by pindercarl; 01-06-2011 at 11:56 AM.

It's looking good. If you can do change that orange earth to some kind of texture I think it might help.
    Sometimes the thumbnails don't take. It's a random issue so far. Eventually the big cheeses hit a button and they get fixed.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

That is looking quite nice and you have a really nice execution of the perspective. Well done!

Guild Apprentice

Default Map resize

I was calculating the size of the map with one-inch squares and the print-size would be 18"x12". A little bigger than practical, if someone was actually going to use the map. I resized the image to be 10.5"x8" at 150dpi with one-inch squares.

I had to tighten up the campsite and trees and move the whole thing closer to the stream. I think it actually works better. I tweaked the lighting a bit and added some rugs inside the tents. I added a ground texture, though I'm not completely sold on it.

To continue with the printable theme, I made a grayscale version of the map that is more printer-friendly.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	campsite_smaller_color.jpg 
Views:	1387 
Size:	376.8 KB 
ID:	32189   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	campsite_small_grayscale.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	380.7 KB 
ID:	32190  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very cool again and nice touch with the greyscale version
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

This is going to win. What program did you use?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I wouldn't change anything now except the little blue puddles (I think they're puddles). Other than that I'd leave it alone now 'cuz it looks pretty nice.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

For DEDDESO:

Except for the grid, everything is done in Photoshop. The grid was rendered in 3DSMax so that I could get the height deformation on the stream.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast