Thread: FT Pro + Photoshop + Bryce Goodness

Default FT Pro + Photoshop + Bryce Goodness

I'd forgotten how easy it is to make 3d maps using FT Pro, Photoshop and Bryce. Example below.

All you need to do is make your planet in FT Pro, use a square projection (e.g. Mercator) and export the bump map.
    Load the bump map as a terrain image in Bryce.
    Then export altititude and Gaia shaded maps from FT Pro, bring into photoshop and make them look how you want, add text etc.
    Use that as the diffuse material in Bryce for the terrain and Bob's your uncle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bryce export.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	32183  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow - bob's my uncle... I hope he's a rich american uncle then ... sounds easy - never played with FT Pro .. or bryce - but I like the result - I'm guessing you can work with high resolution as well?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I actually DO have an Uncle Bob.

I'd really like to try out all these different programs one day; they produce pretty cool results.

Sweet!!! I've been trying to do that with Terragen, but getting the coloring right is such a nightmare.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Very Nice..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

thanks for posting! this wil make live so much easier (I had FT pro for such a long time but not doing anything with it lately... but I'm gonne brush this off seeing this sweetness) cheers!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Bryce always drove me nuts and I could never get rid of the blueishness in Terragen. Maybe I need to bite the bullet and try out FT again.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps