Thread: December Entry: Cave of Thieves

Map December Entry: Cave of Thieves

Okay, I guess I figured I would make my first post an interesting one.

Here is my entry for the December Challenge. Coming in at 3 hrs and 45 minutes all in Photoshop CS3. That 4 hour time constraint was something esle.

I haven't really developed a backstory, so this is really based on nothing. Comments and Critiques are always welcome. Now we will see if I can link the image properly.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by mmmmmpig; 12-15-2007 at 01:50 AM. Reason: trying to get image posting correct
    Something witty and pithy

Post Nice and clean!

Its good to see a nice and crisp, black and white map - well done! I like the fold in the map and the very authentic style. Good job, mmmmmpig!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

A nice map, very nice map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

mmmmmpig - Welcome to the Guild. I like your style--making your first post to the community a finished mapping challenge--very nice. And I like the map, as well.

But, I think most of all, I like your signature. Now THAT is good.

Talk about coming in like gang busters! Not only did you post a map straight up, but one for a challenge to boot! A hardy huzzah to you! Welcome to the Guild mmmmmpig!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Okay, I think I got the thumbnail post to work this time. Image hosting services and I are typically like oil and water.

Gameprinter: Thanks, 4 hours requires clean

NeonKnight: Thanks as well, with all these kudos, I might really like it here.

The Cartographist: I am known for being witty and pithy... at the same time

RPMiller: So welcoming! I might not know what to do with all this politeness

Ravells: I make maps for transportation planning, but I am a bit tired of showing where the new road is going to be. I have always had a love for fantasy/sci-fi games and have recently started to get my artistic chops back. Been doing a bunch of digital painting and comic book pin-up stuff, but I have always wanted to make fantasy game/book. Besides that Keith Curtis pointed me here.

Anyway, I updated the original post to link to the correctly sized image file. The image should be 18in x 14in. As I said, it is all from direct painting in Photoshop. Now that you can see detail, I hope to get some crits. What I know is lacking is an age of sail compass rose, darn you, four hour time limit!
    Last edited by mmmmmpig; 12-15-2007 at 01:52 AM. Reason: I knot spel sew gud
    Something witty and pithy