Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hail to all ye mappers

Default Hail to all ye mappers

Hello all, as you've probably worked out just from looking at this awkward, stilted post, I'm a newbie.

I'm mostly here for the tutorials so that I can start making my own worlds rather than stealing patches of Earth and rotating them a random number of degrees in a random direction. Who knows, maybe I'll get good enough to start entering challenges.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Even if you think you're not good enough, enter the Challenges anyway. You get to refine your skills, draw inspiration from others, and get great advice. Plus, this is the nicest forum I've ever been a member of, so no one's going to rip you a new one for posting a less than awesome map.

Welcome!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Even if you think you're not good enough, enter the Challenges anyway. You get to refine your skills, draw inspiration from others, and get great advice. Plus, this is the nicest forum I've ever been a member of, so no one's going to rip you a new one for posting a less than awesome map.

Welcome!
    Thats is very true!! (and I should know.. )
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Thats is very true!! (and I should know.. )
    Me too... I was WAAAAAY outclassed on this latest challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post

Welcome!
    Yep, most the people around here are harder on themselves than anyone else. Take Ravells for instance. "A dog's dinner", LOL, Imagine!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I decided to throw my hat into the Lite Challenge ring with a converted old battle map of mine anyway. Because why not.

Absolutely - why not! You'll get better BY entering challenges :-) Welcome to the Guild - we look forward to seeing what you do, and learning how you do it.

And I like the entry already btw. I'll assume that's a double fireplace in the middle of the room - I like the light you have it casting. Nice touch.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast