Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's the Sandman!

Guild Member Facebook Connected SandmanNet's Avatar

Default It's the Sandman!

I'm a self-employed guy in Sweden and work mostly with a content-management system I've built myself in PHP named Atlas. This is my main source of income with customers hosting their web sites in my system.

Apart from that, I enjoy photography, design, painting, drawing and playing games. I am here because I am working on a Myst Book Project where I try to create a old-looking book written and illustrated as if I was experiencing the game first person. The Myst series of games have a tendency to spawn a multitude of notes, maps, sketches and such, so this was a natural step. In these books, I create maps of each "Age" as it is called. I am here to seek advice on how to further my technique and make better maps.

You can see the Myst Book Project here: http://sandman.net/myst and my homepage is otherwise here: http://sandman.net, but it's mainly in Swedish.

I apologize for not introducing myself earlier - I'm not a heavy forum user, so you'll have to forgive me
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketchy.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	32188

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WOW.. oh and Welcome !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome to the Guild Sandman, glad you decided to make it official. Hope to see more of you and your work on Myst maps in the future.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Welcome to the Guild Sandman, glad you decided to make it official. Hope to see more of you and your work on Myst maps in the future.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks a lot! I think being here will keep the motivation up to continue. We all need feedback, but some of us have too little time for doing this so we need all the pep talk we can get :-D

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Forgiven and welcome! I have a sneaking feeling that you're going to be a huge contributor to the site!
    Ah, the pressure, the pressure!!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    p.s. I deleted your double post!
    I made a double post? Oops. I got a internal server error earlier, maybe that's what went wrong

Is your CMS optimized for hosting artist galleries/portfolios?

That is something I have been looking for. Right now I use GetSimple CMS with a few custom php modules I wrote (cartocopia in my sig block) but I'm always looking for something better/stronger/faster/easier.

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Is your CMS optimized for hosting artist galleries/portfolios?

That is something I have been looking for. Right now I use GetSimple CMS with a few custom php modules I wrote (cartocopia in my sig block) but I'm always looking for something better/stronger/faster/easier.
    -Rob A>
    well, i think it is pretty nice. Here is my portfolio:

http://sandman.net/archive/index.php?archive=6

You can pick different galleries/portfolios on the right hand side and so on...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild - love your drawing
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast