Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January 11 entry: To Rivendell!

Cheers SG! Small update - I'm playing with some ideas. Do you think the quotations work? Also saving these as pdfs as they will be easier to read.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frodo's journey_01.pdf  

Three thumbs up for this!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think the gradient can really add some extra mood so I'd keep it; maybe play with the colors if you want to but I think it's fine.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The gradient looks good, really works well with the black silhouettes. Like Ascension said, it gives it some mood

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I like the color. And the midgewater marshes look awesome. Can't wait to see the rest

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the gradient too, as long as the drawings stay black ... the windows in Took Hill - shouldn't they be round?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Cool, thanks. When I look at something for too long, I really don't have a clue. I read a really good quotation, can't remember where I read it. But it said you have to be three things: You have to be able to have the imagination to conceive of doing the job, you have to have the technical skills to do it and you have to be able to step back and check whether it actually works or doesn't. The great thing about the guild is that you get number 3 for free!!

I'll have to check the Took Hill, round windows...always thought it was Hobbits rather than Tooks that went for the round window thing...just an assumption on my part.

Cheers again, guys!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well, I'm definetly not sure about the window shape - BUT, if they are more square than round, I'd still round the corners a litte to show they are imbedded into the hill - right now they look very plastered on - because of the sharp angels in the soft hill
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast