Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January 11 entry: To Rivendell!

Default January 11 entry: To Rivendell!

I'm not even sure if this is a map, but what the hey, this is the start of my entry (which will probably never get finished).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	render_01.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	32191  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh boy...this is going to be good..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

definitly a map - and looking good indeed. Once again you map tolkien in a new and exiting way - cool
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

There should be no Brandywine portion, seeing as the Buckleberry Ferry was created to cross the Brandywine. Also it seems as if you are basing it off the motion picture. If so that changes the time line and locations you are following. Just something to be mindful.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Nice, I love the silhouettes.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks all, I got the inspiration when I made jtougas's 'welcome to the asylum picture' . I'm honoured that jt has made it his avatar, lol!

geamon, this is all from the book, not the film. But you're quite right, I had thought that the hobbits had crossed the Brandywine twice. Just out of Hobbiton: ' A mile or two further south they hastily crossed the great road from the Brandywine Bridge'. But reading it again, and looking at the map, they cross the road, not the bridge (which is much further on), so I'll need to amend that, thanks!

Little update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	render_02.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	32205  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well of course I used it as my avatar. It's like my own little badge..(is it time for the cookies and the lesson on roofing yet?..)*drools*
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Ravells, this is gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you'e going to do with it! I anticipate beautiful painterly-effect skies and soft glowing light effects... I wonder if you could do something like color the sky in vertical, alternating layers to show the number of days and night passing in each place...

Anyway, this is gorgeous. Keep up the good work!

Thanks RE, I did try a day/night background layer but ended up switching it off as I wasn't happy with it....I'd like to keep it in pure black and white (I used grey for the sky), which means a lot of reversing black outlines into white outlines where the sky is black...I'll keep fiddling with it though.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat idea Ravs, hope you are able to finish it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast