Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: January 2011 Entry: No title yet

This is a great map, and the vivid colors really do it for me. The only think I think needs any work are the bubble-wrap mountains. Otherwise, this looks like one of the finest entries this month!

A desert that is not in the south, preposterous! Loving the work Ascension, my only quip is that the text is a little hard to read at this scale, but that's probably me.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Some of the text is a bit tough to read, but this has got that "moody-darkness" that you bring across so well. Great job as always!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

gorgeous map. The details are amazing. zoomed in close it looks like a satellite map

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I haven't done anything on this because I was experimenting with all sorts of effects n stuff, too much stuff, but I've learned a whole heck of a lot (that I can't even begin to post 'cuz I'd have a post every day of little things and that would be ridiculous). I finally found inspiration for labels this afternoon and rushed a bunch of stuff in - some gold-edged paper and a bunch of names from my memory of various mythos, legends, religion, etc. So it's incomplete and that top part is really lame. Oh well. I might take this into a world map format and space everything out properly 'cuz it looks rather crowded right now instead of being a largely unpopulated world. Plus I've got way more places to add and then do some research on what else to add. So, for what it's worth, here's the final.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-7d.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	33075  
    Last edited by Ascension; 01-31-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks fantastic Ascension, I was away when this contest ran and suddenly remembered I had to look back on your light effects... I started a WIP to long ago (land of twillight) where I planned to use candles and lanterns for city markers... you beat me too it *lol* now I have to get another original idea.. damn... perhaps I should just learn to finish my projects
    Beautiful map - especially love the prismatic gate
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123