Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello !

Guild Member

Default Hello !

Hi,

My penname (which I use for my books) is Djenny Floro, and my real name Jennifer Moulard. I live in France, I'll try my best to write in the best english I can pull out, but please do not hesitate to PM me if you see some errors that hurts your eyes, I'm always willing to correct myself when I can.

I'm the author of a few books (mainly distributed locally). In order to see my writings growing and to create deepest worlds where I have a clear sight of its ecologic system / its weather system and so on. I decided to create the maps of my worlds and so I join your forum to get better knowledge and understanding of cartography. I hope I do not intrude doing so!

Sincerly and Friendly,

Djenny Floro.

I'm sure that nobody will consider it an intrusion of any sort. And when it comes to learning about/improving map skills and techniques, you've come to the friendliest place I've ever seen for that sort of thing. As for your English, just do the best you can, nobody's perfect.

Oh, and one more thing before I get on about my business . . .

Welcome to the Guild! Hope you enjoy your stay, and may it be a lengthy one at that.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Member

Hi, thanks.

It will surely be a lenghty, through I might not be very talckative until I can understand fully the posts to answer properly (or to ask questions that can be answered) !

DF.

Hi Djenny....

May I be so bold as to steal your name (Djenny Floro) for an NPC in my GURPS Fantasy world?? I just love the sound of it.......
    -Sigurd Sigurd Brutus Motor-

Guild Member

A great honor you do me, thank you very much. You can go ahead. (Just make sure the NPC stays ethic, since it's my commercial name for my books, I'd like to avoid people confusing me with a shaddy, dark and evil person )

DF.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi Djenny, welcome to the guild. Be sure to check out our many tutorials, and when you're ready to start your own maps - post in a WIP (work in progress thread) for help and critique
    and don't worry about your english, we have people from all over inhere

oh, and if you want people to PM you - or you them, you gotta have 5 posts.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Member

Thank you for all those informations,

I'll do my best !

I'm checking the tutorials, but it's not as easy as it seems, I need to learn many things (including basics of weather in the real world) and there's this annoying editor of mine who keeps saying "I want the map of your world for the next week" so I need to to it all at once....

Of couse, had I knew that there was tools to make maps earlier, I would have done it for each and every of my books, but well, I found this forum while searching for pre-made map on fotalia, and told myself "why adapt my story to the map when I can make the map for my story?"....

You might find me a little silly ?

DF.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lol... now, as an avid fantasy reader I do love a book with a good map in it. I did enjoy Abercrombies First Law, but really missed a map in it. So I'm all for a map to every story
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast