Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobbyist RPG Designer says hello to everyone...

Default Hobbyist RPG Designer says hello to everyone...

Greetings,

I am an IT-Guy from Hungary in his late twenties. I am glad to be here and first of all I would like to apologize if my English is not sophisticated enough, it is a learned language for me, and I do not use it quite often nowadays.
    I play paper and pencil role playing games as player and as a GM since my early college days, and that was about 10 years ago. During that time I've read tons of RPG Books and I got to know many campaign settings and imaginary worlds. Some of them were very rich and complex, some others were simple but fun.
    But all of these worlds were unique an entertaining at a specific degree, and then came my great decision: I need one too
    Of course now I clearly understand, that my work can't compete with any of the "official" profit oriented Big Books of the Big Companies.
    But I don't do it for profit, I do it just for fun, for the learning process during creation, and for my friends to play with.
    As I reached the point, when I needed a map for my world I've done a research on the Internet and I found the Guild.
    I have learned in the past six months very much from the Tutorials and Threads of various members and I want to say a big "Thank you" to all of them.
    I hope that my mapping skills will be improved with time, and some day i will be able to give some help and value back to the Community.

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!
    Kind regards: Narogi
    "Be Yourself - everyone else is reserved already..."

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild, Narogi! First, your English sounds just fine Try out a few of the tutorials over in the How-To section, and feel free to post up works in progress or questions as you go so we can help you through tough spots or give suggestions.

Happy Mapping!

Welcome to the Guild and thanks for saying hello. Hope to see some maps from you. The good thing about posting is you get more helpful feedback.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks for the kind words Men,

funny that you two are the first ones who post in my thread, I've read a Tutorial or Thread from both of you and I found both really useful.
    Thanks for it.
    Anyway I recently opened my first WIP thread, but it needs some time till it will be visible, because an Admin should approve it too if I understood it correctly.
    All criticism will be welcome.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome To The Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I think you just need to hit 5 posts and the world opens up to you. They force new folks to make the posts as it cuts way down on the spam.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by narogi View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Men,

funny that you two are the first ones who post in my thread, I've read a Tutorial or Thread from both of you and I found both really useful.
    Thanks for it.
    Anyway I recently opened my first WIP thread, but it needs some time till it will be visible, because an Admin should approve it too if I understood it correctly.
    All criticism will be welcome.
    I think Gidde is a woman! (If my memory serves, but it's not a good memory!)

Welcome to the Guild, narogi!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Yeah, Ravs, your memory is fine. I really need to get some kind of feminine avatar pic in my profile... but in the meantime I don't mind being one of the guys

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Oh, sorry about the gender issues :S

As a man I mostly have the assumption that my conversation partner on a foreign forum is male too.
    I will keep it in mind for later on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast