Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January 2011 Challenge - Escape the Estate

Okay, no ducks, but what about a GIGANTIC CHICKEN, BATTLE OF THE MEGA-POULTRY, MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Now that would be something to see! I'll bring the orange sauce

Done a little more, should have all the colouring done by tommorow.

-D-

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Estate Escape Plan.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	32695  
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 01-27-2011 at 05:38 AM.
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Looking great.

I like how you created the forest in the background, with the hard cutoff of the tree trunks. Spooky.

Did you use sketchup or anything to create the bulidings? They look so crisp. Or maybe illustrator?

What I've learned from this site, which I'm sure you know also, is that the key to a good isometric map are the shadows. It's something I'm still working on. You may or may not plan to add some - just thought I would mention.

Wow, two cartoony hand drawn perspective maps in one comp! They're like London buses!

It's a really cool illusion, but if I look at the road in the foreground and then look at the town, I feel like I'm falling into the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    It's a really cool illusion, but if I look at the road in the foreground and then look at the town, I feel like I'm falling into the picture.
    Hehe, paste it on a wall and watch people bump their heads! I kind of like the 3d illusion because of this.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Ha! I never noticed it, but after reading that I went back and looked at the picture and it's true! You really do get a falling sensation. What a neat effect.

So other people get that falling feeling too huh?

@RjBeals - The buildings were hand drawned in photoshop using the shift key and two vanishing points. I don't know if I'm going to add shadows as this will eventually be converted to a night piece.

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Okay, colouring is pretty much done. Will insert some baddies and other obstacles and then convert it into night. Then I can figure out where my "points of light" (e.g, fires, lamps, etc) will go. Getting pretty near the end line, not a grand map but it was great practice with the tablet.

-D-

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	46 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	32734  
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 01-27-2011 at 05:39 AM.

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Okay, a few tweaks and I'm done, Added the rioters, golems and other obstacles (3 of them if you look closely enough). All I need to do now is convert it to a night scene, each of the obstacle groups will be lit up in some way, the rioting workers will have flaming torches, the orange parts on the golems will glow and the obstacles will be on fire; so your objective to escape will be to avoid the "points of light". Had to make the map bigger so they could be seen properly.

Will add the protagonists to the foreground, put on a border and some text and that will be it. More to come real soon.

On a side note, I like my little golems, cartoony but kinda villain looking, gotta use them again for something.

-D-

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	54 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	32787  
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 01-27-2011 at 05:39 AM.

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast