My entry this month serves two ulterior motives. One, it is a map of a part of the campaign world for my old friend, Dan. Some of the names of places therefore are not mine, but cherished nonetheless.

The second is an honest effort to learn all that I can from my original inspiration on these boards, Ramah's Vaniya. This piece cleaves as closely as I can manage to the style of that original work. Where it deviates, as it does in a numbers of areas, it is generally in ways in which Ramah has been advancing his craft.

Besides some superb hill and mountain brushes designed by Ramah and executed by vhailor27, and some pretty town markers that I have colorized, I have also used Ramah's excellent "Tree Thing" application which creates shaded trees as you see in this map. One need simply provide a template that instructs the program where to place the trees.

Praamador is a small place, a fraction of the size of most of the states in the US. Yet in spite of it's relatively small size, I wanted to give it a feeling of scale appropriate to a sometimes wild place that one must cross on foot (either yours or a horses). Whether I have accomplished that with this map is open to debate. The journey, which will be documented on this map, will track a party of adventurers from Tradefree to Avilton, the two cities of Praamador. The wood in question is the Wyrlyr'n Forest, wherein the adventurers endeavor to "shave a few days" from the journey. Of course much hilarity and bloodshed ensues.

I have been engrossed in this map for a few days now, never quite getting to the point where I wanted to post it. Now it is nearly finished after about twenty hours of work. To-do's are forest names, cliffs, additional weathering (it is startling just how deep the backdrop of Vaniya is), and perhaps replacing some of the brushes that I used for the project. I can't realistically hope to equal them, but if I can do a presentable job, I will have given something back.

Thanks to RobA for his corner flourishes. I really wish you'd create that tutorial you've been threatening RobA. I love flourishes.

### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Praamador2.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	32311