Thread: Novendragos

Guild Novice

Map Novendragos

This is the map of Novendragos. It is a tropical world orbiting a white class F8 star. The world is at a 90 degree axial tilt meaning very little seasonal variation. Foliage is not always likely to be green on planets with suns that are not like ours. Since Novendragos is orbiting an F8 it is likely to have yellow, orange, or red foliage. I chose red.

The shape was designed in Fractal Terrains. I then used that image as a background image to recreate it in Gimp using one of the tutorials here. I would post the link, but I do not remember which tutorial it was. The tutorial was written for photoshop so I fudged on a few spots and I think that made the difference between looking good as it does now and looking perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_of_novendragos.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	32383  

Blog Entries

90° tilt would mean massive seasonal variation as the axis would lie in the plane of the ecliptic. I think you mean 0°, or close to it.

Guild Novice

Whatever it is it's the degree at which there is minimal seasonal variation

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is really cool !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.