Thread: Bleary-eyed Cartographer Appretice

Question Bleary-eyed Cartographer Appretice

I've been mugging around in Photoshop, attempting to create the world of Kalladia. As I'm rather...unimpressed with my ability to not turn into a raving psycho every time I hate something on my map, I figured I might as well see if I can make CC3 behave. I purchased CC3 in the hopes of being able to created an editable extensive map of the world.

It has three continents, a smattering of islands, and an entire continent that is ice and crystal. How I'm going to portray that makes my brain seize already.

There is also a sea that is quite literally red, The Hallaric Sea. I suppose I'll have to edit that in Photoshop, once I've got a workable map.

Anyway, I'm Kit (short for Catherine) and I'm dearly trying to gather enough sources to put this map together. As usual, I've just jumped into the software and am annoyed that when I click on, say, a sandbar to remove it...nothing happens or it deletes the water (and the sanbar, which is a plus). Obviously I'm doing something wrong! Anyway, hello, fellow cartographers!
    Last edited by brilliantrouble; 01-11-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! Sometimes learning the software is the hardest part. Keep at it and don't be afraid to ask questions. There is also a excellent CC3 tutorial in the tutorial section. Good Luck
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard! CC has a steep learning curve but it can be very rewarding to master, hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Welcome !! Sometimes learning the software is the hardest part. Keep at it and don't be afraid to ask questions. There is also a excellent CC3 tutorial in the tutorial section. Good Luck
    Thanks. I've been poking around and generally kicking elements into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Welcome aboard! CC has a steep learning curve but it can be very rewarding to master, hang in there

So far, so good.

I did start to play around. And thanks, jtougas, the welcome's appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Welcome to the Guild! Just keep plugging away and it will come. It's persistence and a sense of play which get you ahead in mapping!
    Thanks. Man, I was so blearied eyed that when I typed the topic, I mispelled apprentice.

Welcome to the Guild!

Any questions on CC3, please ask.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.