Thread: TC Tennis player mat

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Default TC Tennis player mat

OK, this isnt really a map, but it is what I have been working on since Mid December. VPG wanted me to take over All the graphics work for this game, so I have been busy designing 4 sheets of cards, 2 sheets of charts, the player mat, a set of cardboard counters, and a sheet of player stats cards (and I am currently working on the front and back cover artwork).

This is a card game simulating tennis where players can match up famous tennis stars from the past 100 years. The mat is where the players will place cards that represent various shots and strategies used in a game of tennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC Tennis player mat9.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	969.6 KB 
ID:	32444  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks cool - is Wozniacky in there?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Hey, and all those spectators, if you stick swords in their hands you can use them for VTT tokens. Hehehe.

On a serious not, it looks really good. I'm not much of a tennis fan but the game looks like it might actually be quite interesting.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

it reminds me a little of and old martial arts game from Dragon Magazine, where you had to put in offenses and defenses for 5 rounds of combat for your players - and then you saw what hit and what damage it did.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Thanks guys:

the truth of the matter is that I dont really like sports games either! They sent me the rules for TC Tennis, but I must admit to being rather purplexed by them. To me, it seems too complex for what it is. I assume if you actually know how to play tennis and you know at least a bit of the lingo, then you would be fine.

But hey- I dont have to like the game to do the graphics.

That Dragon mag game actually sounds more like my style. I can see how a card type game of that genre would work out pretty well.

Blog Entries

it wasn't with cards - you just wrote on a piece of paper - but it would have worked very well with cards
    regs tilt

Are those people many many image of your coworkers taken from airconditioning vents???
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Only the ones that were rated "G".

Graphics are solid and straightforward; job well done. At first glance, the font for the card zone labels is a little hard to read though, especially given that this for a game.
    Unless otherwise noted, all of my posted work is free for use and redistribution under
    the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence.

The font was chosen by the designer and both he and the publisher seem to like it. I didnt have any issues with it myself, so I left it alone.