Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: here it goes

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmpig View Post
    So far, all I have seen has been skilled.
    That's because I haven't posted much.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Ahhhh....pig--ham--gotcha!

I think honest criticism will be appreciated by all. In fact, I've found most people--especially those who take their work seriously--get more upset when others just pat them on the head and say "goooood map, niiiiice map" than when they receive hoenst criticism. As long as, of course, that criticism is ever kind and friendly and heart-full, encouraging to even the worst map known to man. (I know what you mean about that harsh criticism: I was in many a creative writing rip session. Not nice, not acceptable here at the Guild at all in the least no way no how never. )
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

RPMiller: Then post something that I can Crit

Pyrandon: As long as people's criticism is about the work and not the person doing the work, I don't mind. The second it crosses that line, it is unacceptable. It is true that these boards can become a bit too "Great Job!" and "I love Blue!." One of the comic book boards I go to is just plain acerbic, but the critiques they give are spot on. Another board I go to is a little more fluffy.

If you want to rip on my digital art, please feel free to go to my deviant art site

mmmmmpig.devianntart.com
    Something witty and pithy

I've posted a couple things here and there. I believe they are mostly unfinished, but you'll need to search for them.

We discussed deviant art before. They fall into the lack of honesty group. I've seen some really bad stuff there that was getting kudos from people and there wasn't a single suggestion on how to improve it when it obviously needed quite a lot of work.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

You get major points right out of the gate for having both super heroes and Ookla the Mok in your gallery! I especially liked the Cap For Fun. Good stuff!

Both your work on Deviant Art and your favorites therein really made me happy. Ex: I never knew anyone even remembers Ultraman! Oh man--I used to LOVE that show! Now we just need to bring back Johnny Sokko and his Flying Robot!

Great fun!
    Last edited by pyrandon; 12-19-2007 at 03:41 PM.
    Don
    My gallery is here

RPMiller:
    Deviant Art is merely a site for displaying finished work. There is no C&C going on there to sepak of, other than vague kudos. It is a nice place to warehouse digital stuff though.

Now that you have a tablet, you will be posting maps, yes? I am not good a digging through forums to find ancient posts, so I will wait until you post something new before I murderize it.

Pyradon:
    Thanks for the props on being old. Many good memories of visiting my grandparents in Fla and watching some Ultraman on one of the Saturday morning kids hours down there. Guys in rubber suits throwing each other around in model cities is one of the best types of fun that is out there.

One of these days I will post another map of some kind.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season regardless of what is being celebrated.

Merry Christmas to you, too, m5pig!

PS: Thanks to you I wasted an amazingly enjoyable hour today on youtube. There are a LOT of Ultraman videos! I seriously have not seen the theme song/credits since 1975, I'll bet. Thank you!!!!!
    Don
    My gallery is here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast